Sunday, January 9, 2011

Blog Book

I've been under the weather for the past week. After a visit to the doctor to learn that sinusitis and an ear infection are the reason, I expected the doctor-prescribed amoxicillin to make me quickly feel better. But after six days, I'm not much improved. My blocked right ear makes my head feel as though it's wrapped in batting. I have various cracklings and reverberations in my head when I speak. It's aggrevating, and not at all conducive to feeling like sitting at a sewing machine. But enough whingeing.

Let me share with you my satisfaction over a recent book purchase. Blog2Print is a company that puts your blog posts in a print book. You can choose whether you want comments included, whether to have a table of contents, and whether you want soft or hard cover. You also get to write your own title, choose your book cover, and select photos for the covers.

I'm happy that I decided to spend the extra money for a hard cover book. It looks so impressive!
You can see that I plan to have more than one volume printed. 

This book contains all my 2009 blog posts.
When reading it, I was struck by the realization that it's almost like a dairy. A real chronology of my life and activities. It includes my trips to Australia, and New Zealand (see left page), and the many quilting projects I've had my hands on.

Volume 1 totaled 175 pages. I will soon be ordering Volume 2, for all of 2010.

On the dedication page I had the opportunity to express what this book represents.

I have no affiliation with Blog2Print, though I tried to get the company to allow me to host a giveaway for them. No responses to my inquiries. But, this book is definitely something to consider if you want to preserve all the hours you've spent writing your thoughts and taking photos. 

After all, who wouldn't want her 2011 Flourishing Palms - Volume 3 blog book to include a page of whingeing about sinusitis and an ear infection?

14 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! I've often thought that a blog was like a diary. I really like the idea of getting it in book form.

    Sounds like it's time for another doctors visit for you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the look of your book! I always wondered how they came out. ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a "novel" idea (get it?...lol) to put your blogging into a book! I love it! Hope you get to feeling better soon, we've had the "crud" here too, it feels like I have been under the weather for a month now...I am definitely looking forward to the rest of 2011 being healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The book looks great...........I'm hinting about it at my house! It's such a good idea and, I think, something you'll always enjoy. I'm sorry to hear that the creeping crud is still hanging on....bummer. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know anyone did this but I do love it. Thanks for letting us know. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have used Blog2Print also and have been delighted. I blogged about a vacation my husband and I took and printed it as an anniversary gift for him. I was amazed at how easy it was to do and how well it came out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it...I have been meaning to do it too, for my family..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful idea Linda. I don't think my blogs would be as interesting as yours, what with all the extra's you do. Excellent way to go!
    Thanks for your nice comments re my Table Runner.:-)
    Cheers
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. hat is such a wonderful memory keeper. I will certainly be investigating them. Thanks for the link, you are always so good at sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw a similar book on someone's blog recently and wanted to explore this possibility further. Thank you for sourcing it for me. A fitting blogging anniversary gift for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda, I have also printed the 2009 blogs as a book and it is great and I gave it to read to my mother and mother-in-law (they don't have internet) and they enjoyed reading this diary very much and gave it even to their neighbours and friends to read!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a neat idea, and a wonderful memory for your grandchildren. Blessings :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, so sorry you are still feeling bad. I have a cough now. UGH!
    I was watching this show about probiotics and I went and got some today. With you taking antibiotics you might want to think about getting some. A lot happens in your gut and I am trying to make mine better.
    That book is totally awesome. I am going to check out the link. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just went to briefly look at the
    "book" site. Did you pick and choose which posts to include in the book?

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin