Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Versatility and More

Pokey, AKA Gwen, of Pokeydotquilting recently gave me "The Versatile Blogger" badge. I guess that means (according to the dictionary) I'm "able to adapt to many different functions or activities." Perhaps the second definition of versatile is more apropos: "changeable" or "inconstant"! In either case, I'm honored. The badge comes with an invitation to list seven little known (forgotten!) facts about myself.
  1. I attended six elementary schools and had moved 12 times by the time I was 18 years old. (Dad was in sales, can you tell?)
  2. I was the only girl in my high school senior class who was nominated for homecoming queen and senior queen... and didn't make the "top five" either time!
  3. I was 17 years old, and Dan was 18, when we met for the first time in the parking lot of a Hy-Vee (midwest grocery store chain). Our wedding was 362 days later.
  4. The "Make It Yourself With Wool" contest is an annual competition that I entered for several years when I was in my mid-20s. Once, I was a district winner, but my age group didn't advance to state competition. Pah.
  5. When I was 41 years old, while working full time, I began attending college part-time. In 2000, at the age of 47, I graduated. That year I was the only non-traditional student to earn a public relations degree at Drake University.
  6. As a college graduation gift, my husband surprised me with a 2000, silver, stick-shift, turbo, Volkswagen New Beetle. This is a picture of the picture of me at my May, 2000 graduation party. I love that car and still drive it everywhere.
  7. I thrive on Beth Moore Bible studies. The more daily homework - and scripture memory work - the better! I'm currently in a Tuesday morning study of the book of Revelation.
  8. I know I'm not supposed to share eight things, but can you tell I like to write?
Now I'd like to pass along "The Versatile Blogger" badge to some other bloggers. In no particular order they are:
I can't wait to read seven unknown/little known things about each of these wonderful ladies.

4 comments:

  1. I'll always remember how excited you were over that car. Do you still have the engraved VW bank I gave you? I hope it's full of money for a fun adventure for you. What a fun car and great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda! Thanks for the award....how fun! I loved reading your 7 things....wondering if Dan sacked your groceries and carried them to the car for you at Hy-Vee?!! I'm wondering how your sewing days were this week for SM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have a go at this over the weekend, Linda. :-)
    Have you been watching Junior Masterchef Australia?? You'll LOVE it!!!
    Hugs
    Jenny
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful read! Thank you for sharing! I've known my Larry since I was a kid, too, and the multiple grade schools was also a common, as is love of Beth Moore. Cool!

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin