Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It's Tuesday and I Can't Wait

... to put the binding on this quilt!

After a week, I've finished the free-motion (domestic) machine quilting on this "Big Sister" quilt for our grand-daughter. The quilt pattern is one large Log Cabin and in each of the logs I played with a variety of  think-as-you-go quilting patterns. 

Starting in the center of the quilt, the easiest thing to do was follow the shape of the printed design.





In the next two logs I stitched little bubbles around each of the print circles.














This is what it looks like on the back. So far, so good. 














I quilted using the fabric print as a guide to make zig-zags and waves.
... including around paisley shapes.


Then, in the plainer-print logs, I quilted her name, Celina, and other names she's called like Celouna, Munchkin...
...and "Celi Celi Celi" in borders at the top and bottom.
... and, of course, Big Sister.

The next step is to add binding - straight along the sides, and scalloped at the top and bottom.


Visit Buttons by Lou Lou for the list of bloggers who are playing "It's Tuesday and I can't wait..." Join us!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Love it! Love it! (and so will Celina)
    In the meantime, I wish I could get time to do some creative work for myself. Too busy even to post my "It's Tuesday and I can't wait" entry this week, and that's not good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I love your machine quilting! Wow! Great I'm sure Celina will love this quilt.
    Edith

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin