Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It's Tuesday and I Can't Wait

...to finish machine quilting this quilt. I'm free-motion quilting this for a friend. Didn't she choose some great colors?

To stabilize the layers, I used cream-colored thread to quilt "in the ditch" (also known as "in the valley") along the on-point squares. 
Then, with gold-colored thread I quilted arcs along the inside of the small and large squares.
A zig-zag design runs vertically through the quilt, in four columns. Each one will have this quilt feather vine with spirals that pop out at intervals and land in a square. 

Since I'll be quilting with black thread on black fabric, I've pounced the design with a white iron-off powder. The first quilting pass will be to stitch the double vein. 
I can't wait to show you more, when it's finished!

Visit Buttons by Lou Lou for the list of bloggers who are playing "It's Tuesday and I can't wait..." Join us!

1 comment:

  1. wow so much quilting involved! Very clever. Look forward to seeing the end result.

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin